This recipe for slow-cooked Great Northern beans brings the best Nordic flavors to your table. Be sure to try it.
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 ½ lb. Smoked Ham Hocks
- 1 lb. Great Northern Beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the beans into the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Add the onion, ham hocks and brown sugar on top.
- Cover the beans in about 2 inches of water.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 4-5 hours.
- Remove the ham hocks from the crockpot. Shred off the meat, and return the ham meat to the crockpot with the beans. Stir and serve with salt and pepper to taste.